As a designer we agree to participate in a Showhouse for many reasons. Some are because of a personal connection to the property or charity that will be the beneficiary. Professional motivation can be in the form of education, networking and recognition. But the most important reason is because they present the opportunity to INSPIRE! We want you to look at things differently. We choose the unique, the unusual, the extraordinary. We showcase the newest, the smartest and the most custom of industry designs. All to inspire YOU!!
Please consider that this is a fund raiser- usually for a non- profit – and that means it is usually staffed and run by volunteers – so here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your Showhouse tour:
1. Take a friend – it is always more fun!
2. Grab the guide book.
3. Ask to see the before pic in each room. Pause and consider how this room was used long ago and how it has been transformed for the future.
4. Feel free to take the cards in each room- it will help you remember the details.
5. Ask questions of the attendants – they have been schooled in the history, the room and the design.
6. Feel free to interact/contact the designers whether it is personal conversation at the house, a follow up email or facebook “like” to let them know what you loved or a phone call to set up an appointment for a new project.
PS: There are a few rules (like the booties you are required to wear that make you look like Minnie Mouse ) so please follow them because it matters. So many items are on loan and must be specially cared for. There are only a few tour days left – take the time and purchase your tickets online:
Have fun and we would love to hear your feedback! Linda